For my reference (and yours if for some reason you can’t find the same articles I found), here’s how you print from an iPad to a shared Windows Printer on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Machine using Apple AirPrint and some cmd magic.:
- Install the app from this page
- Do the stuff at this page, sans the iTunes stuff
- Open the 2008 R2 firewall Control Panel
- Right click on Bonjour Service, click Advanced tab, and check all three checkmarks (Domain, Public, Private)
- Create a rule for the AirPrint.exe file from step 2 to match the Bonjour Service on step 4.
- Print from your iPad